Founded in 1992, Mi-Case is the industry leader in fully integrated offender management software solutions and provides industry expertise and consulting within Criminal Justice and Public Safety systems. Mi-Case also specializes in application modernization in the cloud.
Mi-Case leverages a unique combination of technical, functional and industry specialization as well as partnerships with key software vendors to deliver maximum value add projects.
The Business Development Manager – Public Sector, State and Local is responsible for generating new software and IT systems consultancy sales opportunities and business, developing relationships with new clients, making sales visits and presentations, maintaining knowledge of the company’s products and services, and assisting in developing effective sales strategies to meet sales goals and objectives.
In addition to the primary public sector, state, and local sales focus, this role will include an element of complimentary private sector sales.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers.
- Prospect and contact potential customers.
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline.
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments.
- Create sales material to present to customers, including RFP development.
- Develop and expand a portfolio of corporate clients by networking and marketing.
- Prepare sales visits and presentations to discuss product, service, and combination packages to clients.
- Establishes sales goals and implements a plan to meet objectives. Tracks progress and documents sales performance
- Is fluent in IT products and services with the ability to answer questions, describes benefits, and discusses pros and cons of various competing products or services.
Educational/Training and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing or Business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Previous experience in software and IT sales for Public Sector organizations.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods.
- Maintains a professional, but confident and outgoing demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Building Coalitions – the ability to build relationships in all levels of organization, partners, and vendors private sector organizations to achieve common goals.
Results Driven – the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Can make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
Communication - Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences.
Problem Solving - Analyzes problems by evaluating available information and resources; develops effective, viable solutions to problems which can help drive the effectiveness of the company.
Teamwork - Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others; can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics.
Interpersonal and Organizational Professionalism – adept in displaying positive interpersonal skills and has self-awareness in being accountable and responsible. Recognizes areas for self-improvement and pursues professional development for continuous learning. Aligns actions to the mission and goals of the organization. Follows through on initiatives and meets deadlines, puts thought into appropriate professional-development and keeps skills updated.
Environmental and/or Physical Factors
- The work environment and dress code tend to be informal, depending on the amount of client contact.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear.
- Work hours are typically 8am – 5:00pm, however working extended hours and/or weekends may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% per month may be required for both in and out of state customer meetings and/or events.