Founded in 1992, Mi-Case is the industry leader in fully integrated offender management software solutions and provides industry expertise and consulting within Criminal Justice and Public Safety systems. Mi-Case leverages a unique combination of technical, functional and industry specialization as well as partnerships with key software vendors to deliver maximum value add projects.
The Program Manager is responsible for designing, coordinating, and improving the internal and external programs of the organization. Manages the achievement of organizational goals by aligning efforts between different projects. Lead the overall program with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and delegation.
- Works closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Organizes product and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Develops new products to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creates and manages long-term goals.
- Develops a budget and operating plan for the product.
- Develops an evaluation method to assess product strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Manages a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensures goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implements and manages changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meets with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Produces accurate and timely reporting of product status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzes product risks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in product management.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong, effective, and collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Experience managing projects in a criminal justice setting.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Refined attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and budgetary limitations.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- A record of successfully delivering on company initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Deliver outcomes in a timely manner that meet objectives.
- Ensure accurate, timely and informative responses, reports & deliverables to customer enquiries.
- Promote a customer focused culture that is aligned to the Business & Decision business requirements and values.
- Understanding of project management.
Customer and Market Competency – Has a full understanding of the markets we serve with an understanding of how our capabilities are being utilized by the customer and end user. Broad market knowledge, knowledge of customer needs and application and a commitment to customer satisfaction. A systems’ thinking champion with a passion for quality. Have a comprehensive understanding of the market or organization into which the program output will be deployed, the types of customers, the competitors, and the general attributes and trends in the market.
Business and Financial - Must possess sufficient business skills to understand the organization’s business model and financial goals. Develop a comprehensive program business case that supports the company’s objectives and strategies, the ability to manage the product within the business aspects of the company, and the ability to understand and analyze the related financial measures pertaining to the product. Must possess the core business acumen needed to manage the business aspects of a product.
Process and Project - Be well versed in core organizational processes and project management competencies for use at the product management level. Competent in processes to handle product level issues. Must possess operational competencies, including project management methods and tools, to effectively manage the operational elements of the product. When it comes to project management competencies, the product manager role has many similarities to that of the project manager with the key added dimension of leading and integrating.
Stakeholder Management - Stakeholder management skills are critical for product manager success. Understand who the product stakeholders are and their needs, understanding the level of influence each stakeholder has on the product, and understanding their allegiance and attitude toward the product. Ability to choose the right mode of communication to address customers, senior management, team members, suppliers, and others. This involves knowing when to see people face to face, when to send messages, and when to avoid them altogether.
Leadership - Build, coalesce, and champion the team to deliver solutions that will satisfy the company’s goals and customer’s needs. Success begins with the core principles of team leadership: creating a common purpose, establishing team chemistry, building, and sustaining trust, demonstrating personal integrity, empowering the team, driving participation, collaboration, and integration, communicating effectively, managing conflict, making difficult decisions, and providing recognition and rewards.
Influencing - Proficient in influencing the actions of the team and stakeholders by being socially adept in interacting with others in any given situation, having the ability to assess all aspects of information and behavior without passing judgment or injecting bias, and being able to effectively communicate his/her point of view to change opinion or change course of action. Assist team members to reach their collective goals by helping to make team communication and collaboration easier, ensuring relationships between team members continue to develop and that ongoing communication and collaboration between is occurring as needed.
Prioritization of Work – Prioritize the team’s work to achieve the greatest return from the actions of the group. Validate the core assumptions driving the direction of the product with primary stakeholders. Oversee financial constraints, keep the team focused on the technical aspects of the product and understand the importance of maintaining a high level of team focus and commitment.
Environmental and/or Physical Factors
- Work is completed in a typical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Typical workday is 8am to 5pm, however, extended hours and/or weekends may at times be required as determined by business needs.
- Required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear. Will occasionally stand, walk, and reach.
- Will require long periods of time on a computer.
- Weekly presence at client location may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Bonus Pay
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
- Advance Management: 5 years (Required)
- Change management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote