Founded in 1992, Mi-Case is the industry leader in fully integrated offender management software solutions and provides industry expertise and consulting within Criminal Justice and Public Safety systems.
Mi-Case leverages a unique combination of technical, functional and industry specialization as well as partnerships with key software vendors to deliver maximum value add projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across one or more business units. Manages resources, schedules, financials and adheres to control guidelines throughout the development life cycle. Manages issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contributes to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages a project team through complete task definition and work requirement identification and assignment.
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Builds, develops, and maintains collaborative working relationships.
- Implement and verify compliance of change management procedures and expediting client approved Change Orders in response to changes to baseline schedules and budgets.
- Registers proposed changes, the accurate costing and scheduling of changes, updating current schedules and budgets for approved changes.
- Leads planning and/or implementation of projects. Will participate in the design and/or testing phases.
- Facilitates the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Responsible for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on progress of project resources.
- Manages project budget and resource allocation.
- Assigns tasks and identifies issues for resolution to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
- Facilitates the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Follows a defined, agreed upon project management methodology.
- Present soral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks and maintain risk registers for all projects.
Educational/Training and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field. (Required)
- Four (4) years of Project management experience
- PMP Required
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrable experience as a project manager or similar.
- Must be local to the Phoenix, AZ area.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools:
- Prepare: definition/scope/requirements
- Execute & Control: scope, workplans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
- Close: completion and assessment
- Understands the client and their needs; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong, effective, and collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- In-depth understanding of prevailing project management methods.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with tools and metrics needed to evaluate project performance.
- Solid organizational skills
- Refined attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and budgetary limitations.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Deliver outcomes in a timely manner that meets objectives.
- Ensure accurate, timely and informative responses, reports & deliverables to customer enquiries.
Project Management - Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring, and inspecting costs, work, and performance.
Scope Management - Knowledge of the strategies, techniques, and processes used to plan, monitor, and control project scope; includes collecting requirements, defining scope, creating a work breakdown structure, validating scope, and controlling scope to ensure project deliverables meet requirements (i.e., features, functions)
Schedule Management - Knowledge of the strategies, techniques, and processes used to plan, develop, and control project schedule and track project milestones, activities, and deliverables, including timeframes and assigned resources.
Planning and Evaluating - Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements; determines short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them; coordinates with internal partners to accomplish goals; monitors progress and evaluates outcomes.
Influencing/Negotiating - Persuades others to accept recommendations, works with others towards an agreement; negotiates to find mutually acceptable solutions.
Strategic Thinking - Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization. Strategic planning with a long-term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, considering the audience and nature of the information. Makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Stakeholder Management - Knowledge of the concepts, practices, and techniques used to identify, engage, influence, and monitor relationships with individuals and groups to include those who are actively involved, those who exert influence over the process and its results, and those who have a vested interest in the outcome.
Environmental and/or Physical Factors
- Work is completed work in a typical home office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Typical workday is 8am to 5pm, however, extended hours and/or weekends may at times be required as determined by business needs.
- Required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear. Will occasionally stand, walk, and reach.
- Will require long periods of time on a computer.
Pay Range: $57,000 - $125,000