Founded in 1992, Mi-Case is the industry leader in fully integrated offender management software solutions and provides industry expertise and consulting within Criminal Justice and Public Safety systems. Mi-Case leverages a unique combination of technical, functional and industry specialization as well as partnerships with key software vendors to deliver maximum value add projects.
We are looking for a tech-savvy sales engineer to assist with the selling of complex software and technological products or services. The Sales Engineer's responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the products' components, functions, processes, and assisting to close sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients' needs.
To be successful as a sales engineer, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of our company's technical products and services, and you should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers, specifically the Public Safety market. You should be driven to achieve your sales goals and should have excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Preparing and developing technical and functional presentations to explain our company's products or services to customers.
- Presenting to potential customers, large groups, and trade shows and events.
- Discussing needs and system requirements with customers.
- Collaboration in the creation of proposals, RFP’s, RFI’s, and other response documents.
- Actively involved in the development of content for the Mi-Case social media channels, as it relates to technology.
- Preparation of marketing content to further explain the Mi-Case product portfolio.
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Work with the sales team to generate high-quality leads, follow up after initial contact, secure and renew orders, pricing negotiation, and assist in the closing of deals.
- Researching, developing, and modifying products to meet customers' technical requirements and needs.
- Helping customers who have problems with installed products and recommending improvements.
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Working closely with Account, Marketing, and Product Managers to assist in the development of the Mi-Case brand and products.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues, as well as possible solutions to product management.
- Setting and achieving sales goals and quotas.
- Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
Educational/Training and Certification Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Knowledge and experience in the Public Safety, Justice, or Law Enforcement verticals.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
Results - Consistently delivers required business results; sets and achieves achievable, yet aggressive, goals; consistently complies with quality, service and productivity standards and meets deadlines; maintains focus on company goals.
Technical/Functional Expertise - Demonstrates and effectively applies depth and breadth of knowledge and skill in a technical or functional area.
Professional Development - Demonstrates a commitment to professional development by proactively seeking opportunities to develop new capabilities, skills, and knowledge; acquires the skills needed to continually enhance his/her contribution to the company and to his/her respective profession.
Communication - Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences.
Problem Solving - Analyzes problems by evaluating available information and resources; develops effective, viable solutions to problems which can help drive the effectiveness of the company.
Teamwork - Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others; can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics.
Interpersonal and Organizational Professionalism – adept in displaying positive interpersonal skills and has self-awareness in being accountable and responsible. Recognizes areas for self-improvement and pursues professional development for continuous learning. Aligns actions to the mission and goals of the organization. Follows through on initiatives and meets deadlines, puts thought into appropriate professional-development and keeps skills updated.
Follows through on initiatives and meets deadlines, puts thought into appropriate professional- development and keeps skills updated.
Environmental and/or Physical Factors
- The work environment and dress code tend to be informal, depending on the amount of client contact.
- Long periods in front of a computer terminal.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to walk and reach.
- Work hours are typically 8am to 5:00pm. However, working extended hours and weekends may at times be required to meet project deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 - $156,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay.
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
Experience: Sales: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote