With over 20 years of experience in bespoke digital transformation at both the public and private level, Mi-Case is known as much for our white-glove approach to client support as we are for our exceptional, fully-integrated software solutions.
Our approach begins by investing in understanding all complexities of our clients’ key business activities. By hiring subject matter experts that have a deep understanding of the industry, we seek to understand their organizational goals as well as they understand them themselves. Only then do we work to innovate the right digital solutions to solve their unique needs.
Position Title: Senior Application Developer .NET
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Application Development Manager
Location: United States Locations
Type: W-2 Salary
The Senior Application Developer.NET is responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining software solutions. Successful candidate must be self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges and work well with other employees and customers. May be responsible for occasional contact with vendors of software, equipment and services.
- Develop and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Learn and follow industry best practices adopted by the organization
- Understand and follow good code automation concepts and principles
- Understand client requirements and how they translate to new application features
- Provide estimates for new change requests
- Collaborate with development team and other IT staff to set specifications for new applications
- Evaluate existing applications and understand how to modernize
- Develop technical documents as required to accurately represent application design and code
Educational/Training and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or relevant field
- Microsoft Application Development Certification is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 7+ years software development experience
- 7+ years’ experience using C# / NET Framework and Visual Studio or comparable IDE.
- Experience with ASP.NET Webforms
- Experience with Team Foundation Server / DevOps
- Experience with .NET Core Framework
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with creating WebAPI endpoints and RESTful API’s
- Relational DB experience and strong understanding of good data design.
- Understanding of and experience with modern software design principles and practices
- Experience with various software development methodologies
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills both oral and written
Results - Consistently delivers required business results; sets and achieves achievable, yet aggressive, goals; consistently complies with quality, service and productivity standards and meets deadlines; maintains focus on company goals.
Technical/Functional Expertise - Demonstrates and effectively applies depth and breadth of knowledge and skill in a technical or functional area.
Professional Development - Demonstrates a commitment to professional development by proactively seeking opportunities to develop new capabilities, skills, and knowledge; acquires the skills needed to continually enhance his/her contribution to the company and to his/her respective profession.
Communication - Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences.
Problem Solving - Analyzes problems by evaluating available information and resources; develops effective, viable solutions to problems which can help drive the effectiveness of the company.
Project Management - Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility and makes adjustments when needed.
Teamwork - Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others; is able to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics.
Interpersonal and Organizational Professionalism – adept in displaying positive interpersonal skills and has self-awareness in being accountable and responsible. Recognizes areas for self-improvement and pursues professional development for continuous learning. Aligns actions to the mission and goals of the organization. Follows through on initiatives and meets deadlines, puts thought into appropriate professional-development and keeps skills updated.
Follows through on initiatives and meets deadlines, puts thought into appropriate professional- development and keeps skills updated.
Environmental and/or Physical Factors
- The work environment and dress code is business casual, depending on the amount of client contact.
- Long periods in front of a computer terminal.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands, talk and hear. Occasionally required to walk and reach.
- Work hours are typically 8:00am to 5:00pm. However, working extended hours and weekends may at times be required to meet project deadlines.